Here at Pitchers Pet Carers we take the safety of our customers and their animals very seriously. It has been a strange year so far for everyone involved, but we are slowly getting back on track. We have some new guidlines that we are following, along with them are some of our own thoughts on how we can proceed in a safe manner, whilst still ensuring your pets are cared for to the highest standard. Some new procedures that are in place are as follows:
- Using our own leads ongoing, these are made from Biothane, are easy to clean and it means we do not have to come into contact with your own leads. They are disinfected daily and wiped down between walks. We have either slip leads or leads that attach to a collar.
- Our vehicles are disinfected daily, and also in between walks after a dog has been in our cars. The disinfectant we use is animal safe, the brand we use is Nu-Eco. Using a pet friendly product is extremely important to us!
- Our walks for the time being are being conducted in smaller groups of dogs from up to 3 different household only. Between houses we are sanitising our hands with strong alcohol based hand gel, before and after touching anything.
- Handover between us and the owner is to be agreed before we arrive for our first walk. If possible we will remain outside of the property, and only enter if the handover cannot take place outside (for example when the owner is at work).
- New customer meetings are now taking place outside in a nearby park or in the owners back gardens; it is completely up to the owner which they would prefer.
- We are moving over to paperless invoicing, payments will be sent either by BACS or using our new payment link option (as soon as it is up and running!) again in the interest of reducing contact between us.
- If we use toys on a walk we are using materials that are easy to clean, such as rubber balls over tennis balls.
- We have always endeavoured to make sure the dogs in our care had the best time they could, and right now is no different. We will try to avoid busy areas as much as possible, and in places where it is not possible we will keep our dogs on lead until in a more secluded area where they can enjoy some off lead freedom.
As the situation continues to change we will of course keep our website updated. If there’s anything else we can do to make our customers feel more comfortable then please do let us know! Stay safe everyone!